Admission of Transient Students
A student who attends another postsecondary institution and who seeks admission to JDCC for transfer credit back to that parent institution may be admitted to JDCC as a Transient Student. The student must submit an application for admission and an official Transient Student Approval Form from the parent institution prior to registering for classes at JDCC.
- Complete an Application for Admission to JDCC;
- Obtain the Transient Student Approval Form from the parent institution;
- Submit these documents to the JDCC Registrar prior to the registration deadline for the term you wish to register (see class schedule at www.jdcc.edu).
How to Register for Classes:
- Check the registration dates listed in the class schedule available at www.jdcc.edu;
- New/First Time Transient Students must register in person on either the Atmore or Brewton campus;
- Returning JDCC students may register in person OR via their Hawk’s Nest account on the JDCC website (contact the Registrar’s Office prior to the registration date to make sure you are authorized for web registration and have no holds on your student account);
- Pay tuition and fees by the published deadline;
- Obtain student ID card and parking decal;
- Buy books (student ID card and copy of class schedule required to buy books).
- Students are responsible for payment of tuition, fees, and books at the time of registration. A student is not registered until payment has been made in full. Only complete payment of charges can be made via the college website. This may be done by using a credit card (Master Card, VISA, or Discover) or by using available financial aid. If paid on the website, it is not necessary to come to the Business Office. If tuition and fees are not paid by the published deadlines, all classes for the student will be dropped.
Online Class Information:
- Transient students who have never taken an online class at JDCC must participate in the mandatory online course orientation. To access this orientation, go to www.jdcc.edu, click on Current Students, then Online Orientation. Instructors will expect students to have completed the orientation before beginning the course and may quiz students on the material.
- All students taking an online class at JDCC must contact their instructor via e-mail before the last day of drop/add for the term. Instructor e-mail addresses are published in the class schedule.
To Request Official Transcripts:
- Transient students must submit a written request to the JDCC Registrar’s Office at the end of the term to have an official transcript sent to the parent institution. Transient students may also request official JDCC transcripts via their Hawk’s Nest account.
For More Information Contact:
Jefferson Davis Community College
Post Office Box 958
Brewton, Alabama 36427