Admission of Transfer Students
Applicants who have previously attended another regionally or Council on Occupational Education accredited postsecondary institution will be considered a transfer student and will be required to furnish official transcripts of all work attempted at all said institutions. The College may also require the transfer of student documents required of first-time college students.
Transfer students who meet requirements for admission to courses creditable toward an Associate Degree will be classified as Degree-Eligible students. A transfer student who does not meet these requirements will be classified as a non-degree-eligible student. Degree-eligible students who would like an official copy of transfer credit accepted by JDCC, should submit a written request to the Registrar.
Applicants who have been suspended from another institution for academic or disciplinary reasons will not be considered for admission except upon appeal.
Unconditional Admission of Transfer Students:
1. A transfer student must have submitted to the College an application for admission and official transcripts from all regionally or Council on Occupational Education accredited postsecondary institutions attended and, as designated by the College, any other documents required for first-time college students.
2. Applicants who have completed the baccalaureate degree or higher degree, will be required to submit only the transcript from the institution granting the baccalaureate degree or higher degree.
NOTE: If the student intends to obtain a degree from JDCC, transcripts from all institutions may be required for an evaluation prior to graduation. If the student intends to register for courses requiring prerequisites that have been fulfilled at another institution other than the one granting the degree, transcripts from those colleges or universities must be submitted for evaluation. All college transcripts must be submitted as part of the nursing program admissions process.
Conditional Admission of Transfer Students:
Transfer students who do not have on file official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended and any additional documents required by the institution may be granted conditional admission. No transfer student will be allowed to enroll for a second semester unless all required admission records have been received by the College prior to registration for the second semester. Students who do not have transcripts on file at the time of registration and are enrolling for a course which requires a prerequisite must present a transcript or grade report to satisfy prerequisite requirements for these courses.
If all required admission records have not been received by the College prior to issuance of first-semester grades, the grades will be reported on the transcript; however, an official transcript will not be issued until all transcripts are received.
Initial Academic Status of Transfer Students:
1. Transfer students whose cumulative grade point average at the transfer institution(s) is 2.0 or above on a 4.0 scale will be admitted on Clear Academic Status.
2. Transfer students whose cumulative grade point average at the transfer institution(s) is less than 2.0 on a 4.0 scale will be admitted only on Academic Probation. The transcript will read Admitted on Academic Probation.
3. Applicants who have been academically suspended from another regionally accredited postsecondary institution may be admitted as a transfer student only after following the appeal process established at this institution for native students who have been academically suspended. If the transfer student is admitted upon appeal, the student will enter the institution on Academic Probation. The transcript will read Admitted Upon Appeal-Academic Probation.