Students are expected to attend 85% of all class meetings. Students who decide not to continue attending a class or classes should initiate the withdrawal process. It is the student's responsibility to withdraw from courses.
Students who are absent in excess of 15% of the total class meeting time (twice the numer of times a class meets in a week) may be removed from the course by the instructor as an unofficial withdrawal and assigned a grade of "W." Additionally, students will be responsible for repaying any portion of unearned financial aid that results from a complete withdrawal.
WITHDRAWAL FROM ONE COURSE
A student who is unable to complete a course is expected to withdraw from that course by the first day of the last week of classes prior to final exams.
1. Withdrawal by the first day of the last week of class prior to final exams can be done without penalty, and the student will receive a grade of “W” for the course. The student must complete and submit the proper form to the Registrar.
2. This withdrawal is done only by student written request.
3. The grade “W” is allowed regardless of the student’s grades to the point of withdrawal.
4. Students not properly withdrawn from a class will receive the grade earned in the course.
Withdrawal forms may be obtained from the Registrar on the Brewton Campus, the receptionist on the Atmore Campus, or from the College’s Web site.
Withdrawal from all classes
A student may withdraw from Jefferson Davis Community College upon request by completing and submitting the proper form to the Registrar.
1. A grade of “W” will be assigned as the final grade if the student completes the withdrawal process by the first day of the last week of class prior to final exams.
2. Failure to follow formal procedures for withdrawal will result in the student receiving the grade he or she earned in the course(s).
3. Credit hours will not be averaged into the student’s grade point average if a grade of “W” is obtained.