Withdrawal from a Course
A student who is unable to complete a course is expected to withdraw from that course by the first day of the last week of classes prior to final exams.
1. Withdrawal by the first day of the last week of class prior to final exams can be done without penalty, and the student will receive a grade of “W” for the course. The student must complete and submit the proper form to the Registrar.
2. This withdrawal is done only by student written request.
3. The grade “W” is allowed regardless of the student’s grades to the point of withdrawal.
4. Students not properly withdrawn from a class will receive the grade earned in the course.
Withdrawal forms may be obtained from the Registrar on the Brewton Campus, the receptionist on the Atmore Campus, or from the College’s Web site.
Withdrawal from the College
A student may withdraw from Jefferson Davis Community College upon request by obtaining and completing the proper form from the Registrar and by participating in an exit interview with appropriate college personnel.
The official withdrawal date will be the date the completed form is submitted to the Registrar and the exit interview is completed.
If a student withdraws after midterm, he or she will be required to have each instructor sign the withdrawal form.
1. A grade of “W” will be assigned as the final grade if the student completes the withdrawal process by the first day of the last week of class prior to final exams.
2. Failure to follow formal procedures for withdrawal will result in the student receiving the grade he or she earned in the course(s).
3. Credit hours will not be averaged into the student’s grade point average if a grade of “W” is obtained.